Eagle Insiders: How We’ve Weathered the COVID-19 Storm
“Things constantly change so we must adapt accordingly. The quicker we adapt to change the more satisfied we will be.” – Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
COVID-19 has certainly changed the world, our company, and our team. While most of our daily operations can be conducted virtually, our spirited culture is what makes our team unique — most of which can be found in our daily interactions. Nothing can really replace the relationships that form over Friday breakfast chatter, team Pizza parties, shuffle puck tournaments, and mid-afternoon coffee runs. So while 2020 proved to have its challenges, it didn’t stop us from continuing to grow through efficiency and innovation.
For the safety of our team, in March of 2020, we were able to transition the entire company (125+ Eagles) to a work-from-home environment. In August, about a quarter of our team returned to work out of the office. Although we’ve successfully adapted to a hybrid working environment, there is no rush to come back to the office. All Eagles have the option to work remotely or if they should choose, they may work from out of the office (following safety protocols), whichever provides the best comfort level and productivity for them.
Since the beginning, we’ve actively followed the recommendations of our Legal team, the Federal Government, and the CDC. To help minimize the risk of exposure, here are some of the protocols all Eagles are expected to follow when returning to the office:
- Fill out a Health Screening Form every week in the office
- Wear masks in all common areas, such as restrooms, break, and conference rooms
- Maintain a safe distance at all times
- Limiting the number of people in any board room or face-to-face meeting space
How We Have Accommodated Our Eagles
- Rearranged seating to ensure team members were at least 6 ft apart and limited capacity on boardrooms and the breakroom.
- Increased janitorial services to disinfect areas most prone to touching throughout the day.
- Placed hand sanitizer and tissues at key areas of the building; including, all restrooms, breakrooms, and various entry points.
- Created a Work-from-Home Task Force to ensure a healthy and successful work-from-home environment by keeping a pulse on both positive and negative effects.
Not only is the safety of our team a priority for us, but also mental and personal wellbeing. Eagles are encouraged to maintain a healthy work-life balance while working from home.
By the end of February 2020, the Stock market had started to crash. It took over a month for it to even begin to really recover. But because most of our business services traders in the foreign currency exchange (Forex) market, we didn’t experience the same level of impact as the Stock market. By the end of 2020, and despite the challenges, we were able to hit 75% of our overall company goals.
Running at the Storm
Have you ever heard the story of the storm coming at a herd of buffalo and cows? Instead of the storm inevitably catching up to the herd cows who tend to run away from the storm, the buffalo will face the storm head-on and come out the other side faster.
The same can be said for Market Traders Institute.
When faced with a challenge, we didn’t run from it. We didn’t avoid it. We charged straight through the storm like the buffalos. We’ve come out with not only a better understanding of the goals and future of our business but an understanding of each other. We look forward to a successful year stronger, better, faster — together!